Before I have my opinion swayed by the better Flavor of Love blogs out there, I'm going to post my opinions, such as they are, on the final show.
First, Flav's caveman attitudes about women. Yes, this really sticks in my craw. Considering that he's part of a band that espouses respecting women, his treatment of them is really a horrible dichotomy. The woman Flav wants cannot have any aspirations of her own. He "wears the pants," therefore he calls the shots. Come the fuck on! A real relationship is a PARTNERSHIP! Neither partner should be "the boss." That's not a relationship. That's an S&M fantasy. But what the fuck ever.
Regarding New York's time being up: yeah, who couldn't see THAT coming, especially after her tirade on the boat. Who couldn't see it coming from the time she came back? She was there to provide drama, and because she puts out. She comes off as a cokehead. In spite of the fact that she's evil and a drama queen, however, I still have a soft spot in my heart for her. Don't ask me why. It doesn't make any goddamn sense. Maybe because her mother is evil. That woman literally has devil eyes! Take a second look sometime. I expect her to sprout big bat wings at any moment. She is a very scary looking lady!
I also understand what its like to kick your dignity to the curb in a fit of desperation, believing that the skanky loser who's been playing you is your last shot at "true love." Before my bipolar was treated, I allowed myself to be mistreated by many a loser. Now I don't even play the game.
That aside, New York's mooning Flav was a real mature, class act.
Dear Deelishis, I hope you're truly happy with the idea of putting yourself on the shelf in favor of being Flav's Flavor until he gets tired of you.
I used to have a crush on this buffoon myself. Can somebody please tell me what women see in him??? Because I just don't get it!
Now I'm off to read the REAL Flavor of Love 2 blog and I Am Screaming And Punching Myself. Join me, won't you?





2 comments:
I don't get it either. After reading some of your posts, I gave this a chance while channel surfing once. Flav is ugly, crass, and, apparently, ignorant.
What shocks me is that he's actually intelligent and educated. He's also a former social worker. I used to have a great deal of respect for the guy. Then again, he used to be concerned with spreading a message about peace and justice, not chasing ho's.
Fellow Public Enemy MC Chuck D is rolling over in his grave whenever he thinks of Flav--and he's not even dead!
Post a Comment